Kidney cancer treatment
nullall kidney tumors are diagnosed randomly, with a planned ultrasound with the complete absence of any symptoms.The characteristic symptoms of the disease are now less common. 1. Blood in the urine (hematuria). Her appearance may be sudden and profuse.
2. Pain in the back and lower back: these complaints are associated with the germination of a tumor in neighboring organs or blockage of the ureter.
3. Compaction in the abdomen (palpation palpates a tumor).
4. An increase in temperature and blood pressure (the latter may be caused by compression of the arteries or the production of a renin tumor).5. Varicocele.
6. Losing weight, general weakness, anemia, night sweats, and excessive fatigue.Unfortunately, often signs of kidney cancer do not appear immediately, the disease proceeds in an asymptomatic form for a long time. That is why it is so important to undergo a regular preventive examination, do an ultrasound scan and take a blood and urine test.Diagnosis of kidney cancerDiagnosis of kidney cancer involves a whole range of different manipulations, which allows you to establish the correct diagnosis with maximum accuracy. 1. The most affordable diagnostic method is ultrasound.
2. The gold standard for the diagnosis of kidney tumors is computertomography with contrast. Computed tomography gives a complete picture of the position of the tumor, its size, clinical stage and tumor growth in adjacent organs.
3. A urinalysis reveals the presence of an impurity of blood in the urine.
4. A blood test allows you to identify indirect signs of the disease: anemia, elevated levels of alkaline phosphatase, urea in the blood, etc.
5. MRI for the diagnosis of kidney tumors is used less often than CT, the main indication for performing MRI is a contraindication to performing CT.
6. A biopsy of kidney tumors is performed to confirm the diagnosis.and determining further treatment tactics. Unfortunately, in some cases, a biopsy of a kidney tumor is non-invasive, for this reason this study is now rarely performed.
7. To determine metastases in the lungs and bones of the skeleton, chest x-ray and osteoscintigraphy are used.
8. Renal angiography - an X-ray examination with a contrast agent.Based on what are the manifestations of kidney cancer, the patient’s condition and the results of preliminary tests, the doctor chooses certain methods for diagnosing kidney cancer to form the most objective picture.Stages of kidney cancerThere are 4 stages of kidney cancer characterized by variousnullor the tumor spreads to the renal vein / vena cava.
4. Kidney cancer grade 4. A tumor sprouts a kidney capsule.Kidney cancer treatmentKidney cancer treatment is based on several generally accepted methods that are used individually or comprehensively. The attending physician, based on the type of tumor, the clinical stage of the patient’s age and well-being, the existing contraindications and other factors, can resort to various treatment methods.
The most effective way to treat kidney cancer is by surgical removal of the tumor. Radical nephrectomy is the complete removal of the affected kidney, usually together with the surrounding perirenal tissue, lymph nodes, and sometimesadrenal gland. If the size of the tumor does not exceed 7 cm, a partial resection of the kidney is performed. Along with the traditional method, in which the removal of the kidney or its resection is performed through a large incision, there is a laparoscopic one. In this case, the tumor is removed or resected using special tools inserted into the abdominal cavity through small incisions (2 cm). The laparoscopic method is associated with a lower frequency of complications. In addition, patient rehabilitation is faster.
An alternative treatment for kidney tumors is cryoablation. The essence of the method is to freeze the tumor with the help of special cryoprobe inserted into the tumor. Tumorsubjected to alternate freezing and thawing, which ultimately leads to the death of cancer cells. This method is the least traumatic for the patient and is indicated when surgery is not possible, tumors of both kidneys and a tumor of a single kidney.
Drug therapy (chemotherapy, hormone therapy or immunotherapy) is prescribed if advanced kidney cancer is diagnosed (stage 4), when surgery is not possible.Kidney Cancer PreventionTo prevent kidney cancer, it is important to quit smoking, control weight and eat a balanced diet (with a predominance of fruits and vegetables). Thus, a healthy lifestyle is the main method of preventing this disease. Load more ...