Brazilian butt lift
A Brazilian butt lift is a procedure which grafts fat from one area of the body and transfers this to the butt, in order to create a fuller bottom. By removing the patient's own fat and transferring it, it reduces the risk of the body rejecting it.
The fat is removed via liposuction from one area of the body, usually from the lower back, flanks, stomach or thighs, and transferred to the buttocks to create a rounder, firmer, and fuller look. By using fat, it is easier to shape than butt implants, making it easier to create the desired look. In addition, using fat means getting rid of fat from unwanted areas, while transferring it the buttocks to get a better shape.
The patient will need to have enough fat in order to remove it, therefore the procedure is not suitable for patients who are very thin and unable to gain weight, therefore butt implants may be considered to be a better option.
The procedure may be performed in conjunction with hip augmentation, abdominoplasty and breast augmentation.
Once the Brazilian lift is complete, usually around 70% of the fat that is transferred is retained in the buttocks and the other 30% is usually reabsorbed by the body. Patients should try to maintain their weight after the procedure as gaining or losing weight may impact the buttocks and the results of the surgery.
Patients who are unhappy with the size or shape of their butt Load more ...